Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Guiyang Fall 2009


Guiyang
As I remember on our trip to Southern China in the fall of 2009, we first flew to Guiyang, the capitol of Guizhou province.  I remember we went out to dinner with Craig and Carol Larson that first evening.  We went into a place and just pointed to something on the menu and what they brought us was a big bowl of soup with vegetables and a little beef in it.  It was so hot and spicy that I was the only one who could eat it.  I had tears in my eyes and my nose was running and if was really spicy. 

Our first night's dinner in Guiyang.  Very hot and spicy.
The next day we went and visit a temple that was built part way up a mountain.  It was now a big park and we had to hike up to the temple. 

Walking on the streets of Guiyang.
These men on the street are playing Chinese Chess or Checkers.
Mom on the way up to the temple.
This was some kind of way station halfway up the mountain.
This is part of the temple complex.
Some of the temple complex in the background.
I think this in at the temple complex up on the mountain.
We then went to a market in an ancient village but alas I can’t remember the name of the village. In a video mom says it is Guiyang but I think that it was just close to Guiyang.  I think it might have been Quingyan.
The market street was very interesting.

Walking the market street was a lot of fun.

Lots of good street food.

I paid to ring the bell in one of the temples.
 
The wood carvings were beautiful.

Everywhere we went the gardens were beautifully cared for.

This man was kind of like a fortune teller.

I stopped in to help them make dumplings.

One of the villages we visited. Can't remember the name.




They set off firecrackers for no reason all the time.
This was our guide.












No comments:

Post a Comment